Write an essay on the following:
• What kind of relationship exists between employees’ scores on the manual dexterity tests and their performance rating?
• Suppose a candidate scored 44 on the manual dexterity test. The regression equation predicting job performance using the manual dexterity test is 32.465 + (1.234 x Manual Dexterity Test Score).
What is the candidate’s predicted job performance?
• Assume that only candidates with predicted performance above 85 are to be hired. This translates to
a score of at least 43 on the manual dexterity test. Assume only those with scores above 43 were hired (20 of the 30 people in this sample). Would the use of this test have led to evidence of adverse impact based on sex or race? The relevant data on the 20 people exceeding the cutoff are presented in the case study on page 226.
• Given the validity results you found, would you recommend use of this test as a selection device?
If so, how would you use it?
Here are some tips to help:
1. What kind of relationship exists between employees’ scores on the manual dexterity test and their performance ratings?
2. Suppose a candidate scored 44 on the manual dexterity test. The regression equation predicting job performance using the manual dexterity test is:
32.465 + (1.234 ´ Manual dexterity test score)
What is the candidate’s predicted job performance? (Find the MEAN manual dexterity test score from the table. Multiply the numbers in parenthesis and add to the first number)
3. Assume that only candidates with predicted job performance above 85 are to be hired. This translates to a score of at least 43 on the manual dexterity test. Assume only those with scores above 43 were hired (20 of the 30 people in this sample). Would the use of this test have led to evidence of adverse impact based on sex or race? The relevant data on the 20 people exceeding the cutoff are above in Table B.
The hiring rate for females is 81.25% (13 hired out of 16 or 13/16=.8125). This is the highest proportion hired of any group of candidates.
According to the 4/5ths (also called the 80% rule), the hiring rate for any other groups (males in this case) should be at least 4/5 (80%) of the hiring rate for the group with the highest proportion hired.
.8 (80%) x .8125(hiring rate for females) = .65(65%).
The hiring rate for males is 50%,(7 hired out of 14 or 7/14=.50) which is less than 65%. Thus, there is evidence for adverse impact against males because men were hired at a proportionally lower rate. Now use this same process to compare the Hispanic, Caucasian, and African American groups.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.