HRM 522 WEEK 5 MIDTERM EXAM PART 1
NOTE: TWO VERSIONS POSTED MAKING 50 QUESTIONS
Ethics is a part of decision making
at all levels of work and management.
primarily at the upper management levels of an organization.
mostly for policy makers.
that is less important than other decision making processes.
only at that lower levels of organizational management.
The ________ focus(es) on firms taking action to prevent and detect business misconduct in cooperation with government regulation.
United States Sentencing Commission
Defense Industry Initiative on Business Ethics and Conduct
World Trade Organization
United Nations Global Compact
Federal Sentencing Guidelines for Organizations
Ethical culture is defined as
rules, standards, and moral principles regarding what is right or wrong in specific situations.
the establishment and enforcement of ethical codes throughout the organization.
the development of rules and norms that are socially enforced.
the codification of laws to reward organizations for taking action to prevent misconduct.
acceptable behavior as defined by the company and industry.
During the 1990s the institutionalization of business ethics was largely driven by which piece of legislation?
Federal Sentencing Guidelines for Organizations
Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Global Sullivan Principles
Which of the following is not something a firm might do to encourage organizational ethics and compliance?
Employee ethics training
Hiring a compliance officer
Ignoring potential ethical issues
Writing a code of ethics
Conducting an ethics and compliance audit.
One of the major ethical issues President Obama’s administration focused on was
decreasing environmental legislation.
incentives to oil companies.
health care and consumer protection
According to the role of ethical culture in performance, all of these are drivers of profit except
opportunity for misconduct.
Which represented a far-reaching change to organizational control and accounting systems, making securities fraud a criminal offense?
Council on Economic Priorities and Social Accountability 8000.
Consumer Protection Act.
Defense Industry Initiative on Business Ethics and Conduct.
Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
In ascending order, Carroll’s four levels of social responsibility are
ethical, legal, economic, philanthropic.
economic, ethical philanthropic, legal.
economic, legal, ethical, philanthropic.
legal, ethical, economic, philanthropic.
ethical, legal, moral, economic.
The term used to express how a firm meets its stakeholder expectations of its economic, legal, ethical, and philanthropic responsibilities is
corporate ethical audit.
Which of the following is not a benefit that primary stakeholders tend to provide to organizations?
Supplies of capital and resources.
Expertise and leadership
The originator of the idea of the invisible hand, which is a fundamental concept in free market capitalism, was
Some economists believe that if companies address economic and legal issues, they are satisfying the demands of society, and that trying to anticipate and meet additional needs would be almost impossible. Which economist’s theory are they following most closely with this belief?
Public health and safety and support of local organizations are issues most relevant to which stakeholder group?
The idea that the mission of business is to produce goods and services at a profit, thus maximizing its contribution to society is associated with
The first of the three activities that are associated with the stakeholder orientation is the
organization-wide generation of data.
organization’s responsiveness to intelligence.
set of consumer attributes identified.
organizational strategy of target markets.
human relations department’s set of priorities.
Abusive or intimidating behavior is the most common ethical problem for employees. Which of the following is not related to this concept?
What type of fraud involves intentional deception on the part of an individual or group in order to derive an unfair economic advantage over an organization?
________ involves tricking individuals into revealing their passwords or other valuable corporate information.
Which of the following is not a side-effect of being the victim of workplace bullying?
Increased sick days
Issues related to fairness and honesty may arise because business is sometimes regarded as a
legal case, where everything must be done to the letter of the law.
contest, with the most ethical firm “winning.”
guerilla war where anything goes in the fight for consumers’ dollars.
game governed by its own rules rather than those of society.
game governed by the rules of society.
In marketing communications, lying causes predicaments for companies because it destroys
Ethical issues in business typically arise because of conflicts between individuals’ personal moral philosophies and values and the
values and attitudes of the organization in which they work.
values and attitudes of the society in which they live.
values and attitudes of the organization in which they work and the society in which they live.
laws and regulations of the country in which they live.
values and attitudes of their parents and religion
The ethical decision-making process begins
with a conflict of interest.
when an individual experiences a conflict between his or her values and those of his or her firm.
when stakeholders trigger ethical issue awareness and individuals openly discuss it with others.
with a conflict in values.
when an individual experiences a conflict between his or her values and those of society.
Affirmative action programs
involve the promotion of unqualified employees.
are not imposed by federal law on employers.
are not very commonly used anymore because there is no need to protect minorities.
only involve the training of individuals.
involve the recruitment, hiring, promotion, and training of qualified individuals
1. Principles are
2. Ethics is a part of decision making
3. Which of the following is not something a firm might do to encourage organizational ethics and compliance?
4. During the 1990s the institutionalization of business ethics was largely driven by which piece of legislation?
5. Having acceptable personal ethics is probably not going to be sufficient to handle complex business ethical issues when an individual has
6. Which of the following is generally not considered a business ethics issue?
7. Social responsibility is
8. Investors are concerned about business ethics because they know that misconduct can
9. Which of the following industries tends to generate a high level of trust from consumers and stakeholders?
10. Stakeholders’ power over businesses stems from their
11. Why do critics argue that high compensation for boards of directors is a bad thing?
12. Which of the following is not a method typically employed by firms when researching relevant stakeholder groups?
13. The degree to which a firm understands and addresses stakeholder demands can be referred to as
14. One policy to address the issue of executive pay was implemented by J.P. Morgan, it stated that ________.
15. Public health and safety and support of local organizations are issues most relevant to which stakeholder group?
16. The originator of the idea of the invisible hand, which is a fundamental concept in free market capitalism, was
17. ________ is defined as any purposeful communication that deceives, manipulates, or conceals facts in order to create a false impression.
18. Among retail stores, ________ is a larger problem than customer shoplifting
19. ________ are used to obtain or retain business and are not generally considered illegal in the U.S.
20. What type of fraudulent activity could involve a consumer staging an accident to seek damages?
21. Abusive or intimidating behavior is the most common ethical problem for employees. Which of the following is not related to this concept?
22. Which of the following is not a consequence of ethical misconduct?
23. Optimization is defined as
24. Which of the following is not a side-effect of being the victim of workplace bullying?
25. Concerns involving copyright infringement on books, movies and music, and other illegally produced goods relate to which type of ethical issue?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.