Write a 4-6-page analysis of a current problem or issue in health care, including a proposed solution and possible ethical implications.
In your health care career you will be confronted with many problems that demand a solution. By using research skills you can learn what others are doing and saying about similar problems. Then you can analyze the problem and the people and systems it affects. You can examine potential solutions and their ramifications. This assessment allows you to practice this approach with a real world problem.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of health care.
o Use scholarly information to describe and explain a health care problem or issue and identify possible causes for it.
· Competency 2: Apply scholarly information through critical thinking to solve problems in the field of health care.
o Analyze a health care problem or issue by describing the context, explaining why it is important, and identifying populations affected by it.
o Discuss potential solutions for a health care problem or issue and describe what would be required to implement a solution.
· Competency 3: Apply ethical principles and academic standards to the study of health care.
o Analyze the ethical implications if a potential solution to a health care problem or issue was implemented.
· Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others, and that is consistent with expectations for health care professionals.
o Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
o Write following APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. At a minimum, be sure to address each point. In addition, you are encouraged to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
1. Describe the health care problem or issue you selected for use in Assessment 2 (from the Assessment Topic Areas | Transcript media piece) and provide details about it.
2. To explore your chosen topic, you should use the first four steps of the Socratic Problem-Solving Approach to aid your critical thinking. This approach was introduced in the second assessment.
3. Identify possible causes for the problem or issue.
4. Use scholarly information to explain the health care problem or issue.
5. Identify at least three scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles about the topic.
o You may use articles you found while working on Assessment 2 or you may search the Library for other articles.
o You may find the applicable Undergraduate Library Research Guide helpful in your search.
6. Assess the credibility of the information sources.
7. Assess the relevance of the information sources.
8. Analyze the problem or issue.
o Describe the setting or context for the problems or issues.
o Describe why the problem or issue is important to you.
o Identify groups of people affected by the problem or issue.
9. Discuss potential solutions for the problem or issue.
o Compare your opinion with other opinions you find in sources from the Library.
o Provide the pros and cons for one of the solutions you are proposing.
10. Analyze the ethical implications if the potential solution (the one for which you provide pros and cons) were to be implemented.
o Discuss the pros and cons of implementing the proposed solution from an ethical principle point of view.
o Provide examples from the literature to support the points you are making.
11. Describe what would be necessary to implement the proposed solution.
Example Assessment: You may use the following to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like:
· Assessment 3 Example [PDF].
1. Length: At least 4–6 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and reference page.
2. Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
3. APA Template: Use the APA Style Paper Template [DOCX] as the paper format and the APA Style Paper Tutorial [DOC] for guidance.
4. Written communication: Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
5. Using outside sources: Integrate information from outside sources into academic writing by appropriately quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing, following APA style.
6. References: Integrate information from outside sources to include at least three scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles and three in-text citations within the paper.
7. APA format: Follow current APA guidelines for in-text citations of outside sources in the body of your paper and also on the reference page.
Organize your paper using the following structure and headings:
· Title page. A separate page.
· Introduction. A brief one-paragraph statement about the purpose of the paper.
· Elements of the problem/issue. Identify the elements of the problem or issue or question.
· Analysis. Analyze, define, and frame the problem or issue.
· Considering options. Consider solutions, responses, or answers.
· Solution. Choose a solution, response, or answer.
· Ethical implications. Ethical implications of implementing the solution.
· Implementation. Implementation of the potential solution.
· Conclusion. One paragraph.
Note: Read the Analyze a Current Health Care Problem or Issue Scoring Guide to fully understand how your paper will be graded.
If you would like assistance in organizing your assessment, or if you simply have a question about your assessment, do not hesitate to ask faculty or the teaching assistants in the NHS Learner Success Lab for guidance and suggestions.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information
References to be used:
In healthcare, research is important. It helps you see what has worked and what has not worked effectively for wellness and patient care. It is important for you to explore research about evidenced-based practices in your areas of interest. This research will help you develop and demonstrate a professional health care perspective and expand your organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
These resources provide information about evidence-based practice.
· Macias, C. G., Loveless, J. N., Jackson, A. N., & Srinivasan, S. (2017). Delivering value through evidence-based practice. Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine, 18(2), 89–97.
· Arli, S. K., Bakan, A. B., Ozturk, S., Erisik, E., & Yildirim, Z. (2017). Critical thinking and caring in nursing students. International Journal of Caring Sciences, 10(1), 471–478
ATTACHED WORD DOC
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.