– This assignment will analyze the data (HotelClickStream.xls) and interpret the results. This dataset includes clickstream data of online transactions for hotel booking in year 2011. Appendix includes the detailed description for the variables.
– Please follow the instructions very carefully to do this assignment! Please do the following analyses and answer the corresponding questions. Please copy/summarize your key results for each question to a word file along with your answers to produce the final report for submission.
1. Please first create the following 2 additional variables into your data
1) REF_D (create a dummy variable indicating whether the transaction was referenced from other website, if not, the final booking website was directly accessed. If no information provided for the variable REF_DOMAIN_NAME, REF_D = 0; otherwise REF_D = 1)
2) LOG_PRICE (take the log transformation of the variable PROD_TOTPRICE using the LOG function in excel)
a) Please provide a summary table showing the top 10 domain names (DOMAIN_NAME) that generated the most volume of transactions the report should look like the following Table (Hint: one way to do this is to use the COUNTIF function in excel). Please summarize briefly your observations from the results
# of Transactions
b) Please provide a summary table showing the top 10 reference domain names (REF_DOMAIN_NAME) that generated the most volume of transactions the report should look like the following Table. Please summarize briefly your observations from the results.
Â Â RankÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Reference Domain NamesÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
# of Transactions
c) Please provide summary statistics (N, Max, Min, Mean, and Std.) for variables: DIRECTP_D; REF_D; DURATION; PAGES_VIEWED; LOG_PRICE; and TRANS_FREQ. Please report your summary statistics table and provide short descriptions (a few bullet points) of your observations.
2. Please use the Binary Outcome (Logistic/Logit) regression technique to answer the question on “what are the factors that influence people’s decision on whether to book directly on a hotel website or from other third party website?” Please use DIRECT_D as your Dependent Variable (DV); and REF_D, LOG_PRICE, TRANS_FREQ, DURATION, HOUSEHOLD_SIZE, CHILDREN_D, and CONNECTIONSPEED_D as your Independent Variables (IV). Please report and interpret your regression results, which should include the interpretation of the regression coefficients.
3. a) Please use the Count Data (Poisson) regression model to answer the question on “what are the factors that influence people’s booking frequencies?” Please use TRANS_FREQ as your DV; and REF_D, LOG_PRICE, PAGES_VIEWED, HOUSEHOLD_SIZE, CHILDREN_D, and CONNECTIONSPEED_D as your IVs. Please report and interpret your regression results, which should include the interpretation of the regression coefficients.
b) Please repeat the analysis in question a) using the Negative Binomial Regression model. Please report and interpret your regression results and coefficients.
c) Please summarize your observations by comparing the results from a) and b).
4. a) Please use the linear regression technique to answer the question on “what are the factors that influence how much time people spend on a website?” Please use DURATION as your DV; and you may decide on the IVs by conducting the similar exercises in Assignment #1. Please ONLY report and interpret your final regression results.
b) Please use the linear regression technique to answer the question on “what are the factors that influence how many pages people views when visiting a website?” Please use PAGES_VIEWED as your DV; and you may decide on the IVs by conducting the similar exercises in Assignment #1. Please ONLY report and interpret your final regression results.
c) Alternatively, you can also use count data model (Poisson or Negarive Binomial) since PAGES_VIEWED is a variable with discrete and non-negative integers. Using the similar set of IVs, do you see significantly different results by using linear regression vs. count data models?
d) Please summarize your observations by comparing the results from a), b), and c).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.