Fieldwork Research: Primary Sources
This assignment assumes 4 steps:
this the concert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxjgqVsYu0g&feature=youtu.be ( kpop music is korean music )
first you have to make about concert report/ participant observation :
Students will attend minimum one live or online music performance. The preferred ethnographic writing is that of a participant observation – meaning, you take part in the music making next to the performers, so that you can live their experiences. Sometimes this is not possible, and you will have to experience music making from the fan’s perspective, or just that of the spectator’s perspective – in the case of Western classical concerts, or if you are viewing a concert on YouTube. Your goal is to capture the performance, event, and situation, and meaning of the event to the people involved (insider’s point of view). In order to do this, please describe as accurately as possible:
• The physical setting (stage, concert hall, audience) – you can draw a plan of the hall and/or take pictures, if allowed
• The behavior of individuals and groups of people – both the artists on the stage, as well as the audience
• Conversation and interactions between people • Sequence of events (before the concert, during the concert, after the concert)
• Demographic survey (count or approximate how many people are there; offer information about their gender, age, professional background, education level – if possible). In trying to assume the audience’s socio-economic status, you can look at their fashion style, cars, etc.
• Rationale of the event: for WHOM is the event held, WHERE was it held, WHEN did it happen, and WHY did it happen
• People’s emotions, meanings, and beliefs (if possible)
the second part is to make interview with 2 persons individually ( create 2 persons from your imagination introduce them and ask them these questions):
Upon gaining access in a live performance event or an online music-genre specific chatroom, students will follow the steps below to conduct one interview with a participant in the specific culture/performance:
1- what is your reaction of songs?
2- do you like it? and why do you like it?
3- why do people like these songs or concert?
4- Identify the most expert participant member that you can have access to interview (“key informant”): for some concerts, it would be hard or almost impossible to interview the performer. In such case, interview an audience member/participant/fan that has most knowledge of the culture/genre performed or strong ties to the particular music tradition.
5. Inform them of the purpose of your research, and gain acceptance for interviewing. If the subject wishes to remain anonymous, you should comply. Be courteous and respectful, make the subject feel safe; allow the subject to refuse to answer any question(s) or end the interview at any moment
6. Who do you attend this concerts with? Family? Friends? Alone?
7. • Do you get involved in it? How? o Why? (follow-up open-ended question) o Do your friends/family do the same? (follow-up question) o Why? (allows you to gain information for comparative purposes)
1- provide two comment from this youtube concert.
2- provide 2 referneces
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.