Answer the following questions using 100 words or more. The answers should be in your own wording.
1. Using your personal workplace experience and your readings for this week, discuss why you believe it is important to study contracts as they relate to the private market system (Reed, Pagattaro, Cahoy, Shedd, & Magid, 2015). Include in your discussion how contract law provides flexibility and precision in business dealings?
2. Based on your reading of chapter 9 or the text (Reed, Pagattaro, Cahoy, Shedd, & Magid, 2015) and considering how a contract can be legally discharged and when a contract can be breached, respond to the learning activity below.
As a new sales representative for Misco Equipment Corporation, you take a customer out to dinner. Before dinner is over, you have shaken hands on a deal to sell the customer nearly a half-million dollars’ worth of industrial equipment. In writing up the formal contract the next morning, you discover that you miscalculated the equipment’s price. Your error could cost Misco $60,000. You telephone your customer and explain the situation.
3. After reading chapter 14 of the text, Reed, Pagattaro, Cahoy, Shedd, and Magid (2015), respond to the questions raised in the learning activity below.
You and two of your college roommates have discussed plans to open a restaurant. You intend to attract college-age students who are health and fitness minded to your restaurant. You and your co-owners agree that each will invest equally in terms of time and money. However, in addition to contributions made by each of you, another $700,000 is essential for the restaurant to succeed.
4. After watching the video, “”What’s a Contract and Why Do I Need Them?” , discuss the definition and essential elements of a contract (Romero, 2016).
5. After watching the video, “Choice of Law: What State/Country Laws Will Apply?” , discuss the importance of Choice of Law clause in a contract (Polansky, 2016).
6. After watching the video, “Business Structures”, discuss the following;
7. Arbitrator Stephen Goldberg’s Dec. 8, 2016 decision dealt with the union agreement called the “collective bargaining agreement”. The arbitration concerned the issue of whether the Postal Service violated the agreement when it failed to assign Sales Retention Team center to work to the Clerk Craft and post the position for bid.
After reading the article at the following link that discussed the landmark arbitration decision: http://www.apwu.org/news/web-news-article/landmark-arbitration-decision-upholding-craft-assignments-and-job-posting, what are remedies Goldberg ordered the Postal Service to do?
8. Charlottesville continues to be in the news and have an affect on the business community. Discuss the recent move by companies to cease services to white supremacists from a legal and ethical perspective. How will the companies’ decision affect other companies who have yet to cease services, if at all? Can their action be considered a violation of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution? How will the actions of the companies, those who cease services and those who do not, affect the business legal community and the protection of their PR or brand perception?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.