28) Refer to Figure 8.2. The marginal product of the sixth worker is ________. 28) ______
29) Accounting profit is equal to: 29) ______
A) total revenue plus accounting cost.
B) total revenue minus implicit costs.
C) total revenue minus economic cost..
D) total revenue minus explicit costs.
30) Refer to the below diagrams which pertain to a purely competitive firm producing output q and the industry in which it operates. In the long run we should expect: 30)____
A)firms to enter the industry, market supply to rise, and product price to fall.
B)firms to leave the industry, market supply to rise, and product price to fall.
C)firms to leave the industry, market supply to fall, and product price to rise.
D)no change in the number of firms in this industry.
Refer to the above diagram for a monopolistically competitive firm in short-run equilibrium. This firm will realize an economic: 31)____
A) loss of $320.
B) profit of $480.
C) loss of $480.
D) profit of $600.
32) Refer to Figure 9.7. This firm’s short-run supply curve is the firm’s: 32) ______
A) AVC curve to the left of Point B.
B) marginal cost curve above Point D.
C) marginal cost curve above Point A.
D) marginal cost curve above Point B.
33) Refer to Figure 9.2. If Buffy gives 17 perms per day, her daily profit is: 33) ______
34) Verde Inc. has a monopoly over the production of emeralds in Ecuador. Verde Inc. will find it profitable to increase
the mining production of emeralds as long as marginal cost: 34) ______
A) is greater than marginal revenue.
B) is positive.
C) equals marginal revenue.
D) is less than marginal revenue.
35) The process of using public policy to gain economic profit is: 35) ______
A) rent seeking.
B) deadweight loss.
C) never successful.
36) When a profit-maximizing firm in monopolistic competition is producing its long-run equilibrium quantity: 36)______
A) its marginal revenue will exceed its marginal cost.
B) its price will be equal to its average total cost.
C) its price will equal its marginal cost.
D) it will be earning economic profit.
37) Refer to Figure 11.2. In the long run the monopolistic competitor would generate total revenue equal to the area:
38)Fill in the blanks: Higher wages lead to higher output price, lower quantity demanded, and therefore fewer workers hired. This effect is particularly strong when the product’s demand is ___________ and labor costs are a ________ fraction of the costs. 38)_____
A) inelastic; large.
B) elastic; large.
C) inelastic; small.
D) elastic; small.
39) In a competitive labor market, 39) ______
A) the market wage rate is the marginal revenue product of labor.
B) the firm can hire all the labor it wants at the going market wage rate.
C) firms will hire as long as the marginal revenue product of labor is less than or equal to the market wage.
D) all of the above
Refer to Table 17.3. If the market price of the product is $4 and the firm can hire as many workers as it wants at a wage
of $40, the firm should hire ________ workers. 40) ______
II. SHORT ANSWER (5 questions, 4 points each). Write the phrase that best completes each statement or
answers the question.
41) What is the opportunity cost of investing $10,000 of your own money in a business you wish to start?
42) Figure 6.9 below shows the market for tobacco. If the government has no restrictions on imported tobacco, what will be the
price of tobacco and the level of tobacco produced? If the government passes a law banning tobacco imports, what
happens to the price of tobacco and the quantity of tobacco sold?
43) Comment on the following statement: “In the short run, a firm’s total costs will be zero if the firm chooses to produce
nothing.” 43) _____________
44) Refer to the above diagram.
45) Why does Price = MR in perfect competition?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.