1. Net purchases are:
A) Purchases + Purchases Returns and Allowances.
B) Purchases – Purchases Discount – Purchases Returns and Allowances.
C) Purchases – Freight – Purchases Returns and Allowances.
D) Purchases + Freight-In.
2. Purchases is a(n):
3. A cost account is treated the same as:
A) a liability.
C) a revenue.
D) an expense.
4. Jackie’s Online Service on April 30 has the following account balances:
Sales returns and allowances 2,000
Purchases Returns and allow. 2,000
Purchases Discounts 1,400
Net purchases for the period are:
5. A characteristic of Purchases Returns and Allowances is:
A) it has a normal credit balance.
B) it increases when merchandise is returned.
C) it decreases cost.
D) All of these are correct.
6. Clothes’ R Us bought some new clothes for its fashion line and is required to pay the freight costs. The freight terms are:
A) F.O.B. destination.
B) F.O.B. shipping point.
C) 2/10, n/30.
D) None of these are correct.
7. When the term F.O.B. shipping point is used, title passes:
A) when goods reach the halfway point.
B) when goods reach the destination.
C) when goods are shipped.
D) when the buyer unpacks the goods.
8. On November 30, Janoch’s Dog Kennel purchased $500 of merchandise on account from the Ganster Company. The goods were shipped F.O.B. shipping point. The freight charge of $40 was paid by Ganster Company and added to the invoice. The amount to record in the Purchases account is:
9. The entry to record a purchase of $2,000 on account, terms of 2/10, n/30, would include a:
A) debit to Purchases Discount for $40.
B) credit to Accounts Payable for $2,000.
C) debit to Accounts Payable for $2,000.
D) credit to Cash for $2,000.
10. Purchased office supplies on account. This will be recorded with:
A) a debit to Accounts Payable and a credit to Supplies.
B) a debit to Supplies and a credit to Supplies Expense.
C) a debit to Supplies and a credit to Accounts Payable.
D) a credit to Supplies and a debit to Purchases.
11. Heidi’s Accessories bought 40 necklaces for $10 each on account. The invoice included a 6% sales tax and payment terms of 2/10, n/30. In addition, 5 necklaces were returned prior to payment. The entry to record the purchase would include:
A) a debit to Accounts Payable for $424.00.
B) a debit to Accounts Payable for $400.00.
C) a debit to Purchases for $424.00.
D) a debit to Purchases for $400.00.
12. On February 12, Clare purchased $350 of merchandise on account from Larsen’s Accessories, terms 2/10, n/30. The goods were shipped F.O.B. destination. The freight charge was $40. The amount to be recorded in the Accounts Payable Subsidiary ledger is:
13. A debit memorandum decreases which account on the buyer’s books?
A) Accounts Payable
B) Purchases Returns and Allowances
C) Sales Returns and Allowances
D) Accounts Receivable
14. The entry to record returned merchandise to Vans Company is:
A) debit Purchases Returns and Allowances; credit Accounts Payable in the general ledger.
B) debit Accounts Payable; credit Purchases.
C) debit Accounts Payable/Vans Company in the accounts payable subsidiary ledger and debit Accounts Payable in the general ledger; credit Purchases Returns and Allowances.
D) debit Purchases; credit Accounts Payable.
15. Heidi’s Accessories bought 40 necklaces for $10 each on account. The invoice included a 6% sales tax and payment terms of 2/10, n/30. In addition, 5 necklaces were returned prior to payment. The entry to record the return would include:
A) a debit to Accounts Payable for $50.00.
B) a debit to Accounts Payable for $53.00.
C) a debit to Purchases Returns and Allowances for $50.00.
D) a debit to Purchases Returns and Allowances for $53.00.
16. Jackson purchased $400 of goods and received credit terms of 2/10, n/30. How much did he pay if payment was made during the discount period?
17. Medeco bought goods for $150 on credit. Medeco returned $50 worth of goods. Terms of the sale were 2/10, n/30. If Medeco pays the amount owed within the discount period, what is the amount they should pay?
18. Using the perpetual inventory system, the purchase of merchandise on account would include a:
A) debit to Merchandise Inventory and a credit to Accounts Payable.
B) debit to Accounts Payable and a credit to Merchandise Inventory.
C) debit to Accounts Receivable and a credit to Sales.
D) debit to Sales and a credit to Accounts Receivable.
19. The return of merchandise to the supplier for credit using the perpetual inventory system would include a:
A) debit to Accounts Receivable and a credit to Accounts Payable.
B) debit to Accounts Payable and a credit to Merchandise Inventory.
C) debit to Merchandise Inventory and a credit to Accounts Payable.
D) debit to Accounts Payable and a credit to Purchases Returns and Allowances.
20. The account used in perpetual inventory to record the cost of inventory used to make the sale is:
B) Purchases Returns and Allowances.
C) Purchases Discounts.
D) Cost of Goods Sold.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.