1. A major output of the classical school of management was the (Points : 5)
development of human relations principles.
behavioral approach to management.
focus on human needs and individual differences.
framework of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.
2. In terms of ethics, you face a defining moment when you (Points : 5)
feel obliged to report on the misdeeds of upper management.
feel obliged to report on the misdeeds of a coworker.
have the opportunity steal without getting caught.
have to choose between two rights.
3. A major difference in the communication styles of men and women is that men typically (Points : 5)
communicate to convey information or establish status.
communicate to establish rapport and solve problems.
strive to say what others want to hear.
begin sentences with the word “like.”
4. The way in which factors such as skills, abilities, personalities, perceptions, attitudes, values, and ethics differ from one individual to another is referred to as: (Points : 5)
the basis for group differences
variation in traits.
5. Kris, a job candidate, is evaluated to have a high propensity for risk-taking and thrill seeking. Kris should be (Points : 5)
automatically excluded from any job involving handling money.
assigned to a repetitive job like data entry.
assigned to a job with rapid changes and hazardous tasks.
given a lie-detector test before being hired.
6. The rational model of decision making assumes: (Points : 5)
preferences of the decision maker are inconsistent.
that all possible alternatives can’t be known to decision makers.
that outcomes can’t be optimized.
that the decision maker can calculate the probability of success for alternatives.
7. Richness in a communication message refers to: (Points : 5)
the amount of data that can be sent via the type of communication medium.
the amount of feeling that is communicated with the message.
the amount of analyzable elements of a message.
the ability of the medium to convey the meaning.
8. A recommended leadership strategy for enhancing creativity and innovation is to (Points : 5)
inspire creativity and innovation.
impose penalties on employees who do not think creatively.
mock the lack of creativity in competitive products and services.
eliminate financial incentives for creative work.
9. Which of the following is not considered to be a foundation for successful teamwork? (Points : 5)
10. The skills a team leader requires includes: (Points : 5)
flexibility, delegation, and collaboration.
communication, decisive decision making, and sensitivity.
communication, delegation, and decisive decision making.
sensitivity, flexibility, and communication.
11. A leader who scored high on initiating structure would (Points : 5)
emphasize work scheduling and assigning tasks.
disregard the feelings of team members.
emphasize listening and personal warmth.
strive to keep the group informed.
12. The situational approach to leadership would lead to the conclusion that a global leader must factor in which of the following organizational attributes? (Points : 5)
differences between men and women.
13. In the hostile environment form of sexual harassment, the harassed person (Points : 5)
does not get a fair hearing for his or her complaint.
suffers from a job loss for having filed a complaint.
suffers a job loss for having refused to grant sexual favors.
may not necessarily suffer a job loss.
14. The organization structure best suited to gaining the advantage of specialization is _________ departmentalization. (Points : 5)
product and service.
15. When a company uses outsourcing, (Points : 5)
key positions go to people brought in from the outside.
employees are leased to other companies.
certain activities are assigned to other companies.
most of its manufacturing is imported from other firms.
16. The foundation of any organizational culture is based on (Points : 5)
policies and procedures.
17. The biggest challenge associated with bringing about workplace innovations is to (Points : 5)
develop shared physical facilities.
benchmark with other companies.
switch from a hierarchy to a team-based organization.
bring about cultural change.
18. The establishment of new attitudes, values, and behaviors as the new status quo is consistent with what stage in Lewin’s change model? (Points : 5)
19. A five-year study of the impact of diversity on business results found that diversity can enhance business performance only (Points : 5)
when the employee diversity mix matches the customer mix.
when the company is in a dominant market position.
with proper training and an organization to support the training.
with a culturally diverse management group in place.
20. Ethnocentrism is most likely to hamper cross-cultural relations because ethnocentric people (Points : 5)
are better at interpersonal than intergroup relations.
prefer people from cultures similar to their own.
have a strong fear of foreigners.
prefer not to interact with people from different cultures.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.