Exam: 086003RR – Capacitors and Inductors
1. What is the time constant of a 0.01 microfarad capacitor and a 600 ohm resistor connected in series?
A. 60 µS
B. 60 mS
C. 6 µS
D. 6 mS
2. What is the total inductance of a circuit that contains two 10 µH inductors connected in parallel?
A. 8 µH
B. 15 µH
C. 20 µH
D. 5 µH
3. A circuit contains a 2 microfarads and 6 microfarads capacitor connected in series. What is the total
capacitance of this circuit?
A. 3.6 microfarads
B. 16 microfarads
C. 1.5 microfarads
D. 8 microfarads
4. A 15 H and a 20 H inductor are connected in parallel. What is the total inductance of this circuit?
A. 2.46 H
B. 8.57 H
C. 35 H
D. 22.6 H
5. A circuit contains a 2 microfarads and a 20 microfarads capacitor connected in parallel. What is the total
capacitance of the circuit?
A. 18 microfarads
B. 1.8 microfarads
C. 22 microfarads
D. 9.6 microfarads
6. What action should always be taken before working on a circuit with an electrolytic capacitor or another
A. Check the capacitor with an LCR meter.
B. Place the VOM’s leads directly to the capacitor.
C. Discharge the capacitor.
D. Disconnect the bleeder resistor.
7. A circuit contains a 10 pF capacitor and a 50 pF capacitor connected in parallel. What is the total
capacitance of this circuit?
A. 8.3 pF
B. 50 pF
C. 25 pF
D. 60 pF
8. On an electrolytic or paper capacitor, what does the black band indicate?
A. That the capacitor’s negative lead is near the band
B. That the capacitor’s voltage rating is less than 100 VDC
C. That the capacitor has a value less than 10 mF
D. That the capacitor is color coded to military specifications
9. Which of the following capacitor types has the lowest insulation resistance and therefore, the highest
10. What type of capacitor has great stability and is up to three times smaller than a standard electrolytic
11. An inductor stores a charge
A. as a magnetic field in its dielectric.
B. in an insulating material in the circuit.
C. as a magnetic field surrounding the conductor.
D. in the electric field between its plates.
12. An electronic circuit has a 60 mH inductor and a 30 mH inductor connected in parallel. What is the
total inductance of the circuit?
A. 20 mH
B. 75 mH
C. 35 mH
D. 90 mH
13. What is the dielectric constant of ceramic?
14. A circuit contains a 20 microfarads capacitor and a 60 microfarads capacitor connected in parallel.
What is the total capacitance of the circuit?
A. 40 microfarads
B. 80 microfarads
C. 58 microfarads
D. 15 microfarads
15. What is the time constant of a 5 mH inductor and a 1,000 ohm resistor connected in series?
A. 50 mS
B. 5 mS
C. 5 µS
D. 50 µS
16. An RC circuit contains a 2,000 ohm resistor and a 0.5 microfarad capacitor connected in series. What
is the time constant of this circuit?
A. 100 µS
B. 10 mS
C. 1 mS
D. 10 µS
17. What is the time constant of a 10 H inductor and a 200 ohm resistor connected in series?
A. 5 mS
B. 50 mS
C. 5 µS
D. 50 µS
18. What is the total inductance of a circuit that contains two 22 mH inductors in parallel?
A. 5.5 mH
B. 11 mH
C. 22 mH
D. 44 mH
19. What type of capacitor uses aluminum oxide as its dielectric?
20. An electronic circuit contains a 20 mh and a 60 mh inductor connected in parallel. What is the total
inductance of this circuit?
A. 80 mh
B. 15 mh
C. 66 mh
D. 30 mh
21. A circuit contains four 20 µH inductors connected in series. What is the total inductance of this circuit?
A. 16.2 µH
B. 80 µH
C. 60 µH
D. 24 µH
22. A mica capacitor has the color dot code of orange, black, orange. What is the capacitance of this
A. 0.003 microfarads
B. 0.03 microfarads
C. 0.033 microfarads
D. 0.3 microfarads
23. Which of the following values is equal to one microfarad?
A. 1 × 10
B. 1 × 10
C. 1 × 10
D. 1 × 10
24. What is the time constant of a 1 microfarad capacitor and a 200 ohm resistor connected in series?
A. 2 mS
B. 200 µS
C. 20 µS
D. 20 mS
25. What type of meter is used to directly find the capacitance value of an unknown capacitor or to check
the condition of a known capacitor?
B. VOM meter
C. Megohm meter
D. LCR meter
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.