Strategy formulation, often referred to as strategic planning or long-range planning, is concerned with developing a corporation’s mission, objectives, strategies and policies. It begins with situation analysis: the process of finding a strategic fit between external opportunities and internal strengths while working around external threats and internal weaknesses.
Please complete the following Group Strategy Project:
1) As a team conduct research online regarding the role that information systems (IS) have in creating an organization’s competitive strategy. Discuss specifically how the IS integrates the organizational strategic vision and accomplishes a competitive advantage for the organization.
2) As a team, choose one organization from the information technology (IT) industry to use as a reference for the following 6 prompts.
For example our text discusses several IT organizations such as Google, Sun Microsystems, Frontier Communication, Dell and Apple, Inc. Strategy is defined and is tied to the mission of the organization. Examples of mission statements are provided in our text (Figure 1.2 in our text).
3) Review your IT organization’s mission statement.and e xplain what the mission statement tells us about the IT organizations strategy?
4) Determine if there is alignment or misalignment between business strategy and IS strategy from the organization’s mission statement? Discuss the alignment or misalignment.
5) Use Porter’s five forces to make a qualitative evaluation of the industry’s strategic position. Be sure to explain each of the five forces.
(Porter’s five forces):
Threat of new entrants: Are new entrants being attracted to the market, and are there barriers to entry in the industry?
Threat of substitute products or services: Are there other products that could be alternatives to offerings in the chosen industry?
Bargaining power of customers: What degree of bargaining power do the buyers have in terms of putting the industry under pressure to provide more products or less cost?
Bargaining power of suppliers: What is the importance of raw materials, components, labor, and services that are required for the industry, and are there substitutes for those inputs? Discuss the possibility of switching suppliers, if necessary.
Intensity of competitive rivalry: Does the industry have a sustainable competitive advantage?
6) Using Porter’s fve forces model, discuss whether or not the IT organization has a competitive advantage.
a) If this IT organization has a competitive advantage, how did they attain the competitive advantage? (Ex: information, technology)
b) If this IT organization does not have a competitive advantage, describe how information or information technology might be used to provide a winning position for the IT organization.
7) SWOT is an acronym used to describe the particular Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats that are potential strategic factors for a specific organization. Analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for the IT Organization. (list at least 5 for each)
8) List strategic technology recommendations that your team has for this IT organization. (list at least 5)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.