For each of the following indicate the amount of revenue that Beanville should recognize in its 2020 (1) government‐wide statements and (2) governmental fund statements. Provide a brief justification or explanation for your responses.
1. The state in which Beanville is located collects sales taxes for its cities and other local governments. The state permits small merchants to remit sales taxes quarterly. The state sales tax rate is 6 percent. In December 2019, city merchants collected $50 million in sales taxes that they remitted to the state on January 15, 2020. The state, in turn, transferred the taxes to the city on February 15, 2020.
2. In December 2019, the federal government awarded Beanville a reimbursement grant of $500,000 to train law‐enforcement agents. The city had applied for the grant in January of that year. The city may incur allowable costs any time after receiving notification of the award. In 2020, the city incurred $400,000 in allowable costs and was reimbursed for $350,000. It was reimbursed for the $50,000 balance in February 2021. In January and February 2021, it incurred the remaining $100,000 in allowable costs and was reimbursed for them in April 2021.
3. In December 2019, the city levied property taxes of $1 billion for the calendar year 2020. The taxes are due on June 30, 2020. The city collected these taxes as follows:
January 1, 2019, to December 31, 2019
January 1, 2020, through March 31, 2020 ($18 million per month)
4. It estimates the balance of $32 million would be uncollectible. In addition, in the period from January 1 through February 28, 2020, the city collected $16 million in taxes that were delinquent as of December 31, 2019. In the period March 1 through June 30 2020, the city collected $8 million of taxes that were also delinquent as of December 31, 2019.
5. In December 2020 Beanville sold a city‐owned warehouse to a private developer. Sales price was $4.2 million. The warehouse had cost $4 million when it was acquired 10 years earlier. It had an estimated useful life of 40 years (with no salvage value).
6. In December 2020, Beanville’s city‐owned radio station held its annual fund drive. A local business offered to match all pledges made on December 2, 2020, up to $50,000, assuming that the amount pledged was actually collected. Based on past experience the city estimates that 90 percent of the pledges will actually be collected. By year‐end 2020, the city had collected $25,000 of the pledges, and in January and February it collected an additional $15,000. It received $25,000 of the matching funds on February 15, 2021. Respond with respect only to the $50,000 in matching funds.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.