The exam consists of fifteen short answer questions. Some questions ask for a definition of a concept while others ask for application and/or analysis. Please answer the following questions in paragraph form with the question numbers labeled.
Final Exam Questions:
1. What are “face”, avoidance process, and corrective process?
2. What is the “girl hunt”? How this is an example of impression management?
3. What is the gloried self? What are the three consequences of the gloried self?
4. Take the example of a job interview and apply Goffman’s dramaturgical approach to this social interaction. How is this an example of impression management? How is this theory of the self distinct from Mead’s and Cooley’s theories of the self?
5. How are the reflected self and the looking-glass avatar similar and different from Cooley’s theory of the looking-glass self? Give specific examples to illustrate the similarities and differences?
6. In the article, “The Presentation of Self in Virtual Spaces,” Gottschalk argues individuals have more control over their online presentation of self. In the documentary, “Generation Like,” it is argued that online interactions are increasingly commercialized and utilize individuals as marketers. How do you reconcile these two ideas within your own online interaction and presentation of self? Are these ideas present in your experiences?
7. What is a ritual? What are common rituals we engage in when we are in social interaction?
8. Regarding Selection 26 by Jones, how does the code of the street organize the interactions of African-American girls in urban neighborhoods? How does the code shape the self-presentations of these girls?
9. What happens when people challenge the prevailing interactional order of an institution? How do others respond? Provide an example from the readings.
10. What are social inequalities? How are inequalities examined from a symbolic interactionist perspective?
11. What is stigma? What are the two types of stigma? How were the strategies of managing stigma different for Middle Eastern American and mobile home park residents?
12. How was race and class inequality reflected in the workplace hierarchy at Kidworks? Who held power? How did professionalism relate to emotional labor and what were the consequences of professionalism for the racial hierarchy?
13. Describe how the social world of a mental hospital is constructed and shapes the subjective experience of the patients. Use specific examples from Goffman’s reading.
14. How did the parents featured in the Martin selection manage the identity of their deceased child? What types of “face work” did they engage in?
15. What are three things you have learned about the self and society in this course? Why were these topics the most intriguing? Has this changed the way you view your identity or interactions with others? Please specifically incorporate three distinct concepts or theories.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.