HLT 121 Final Assignment- Worth 40pts
Choose one of the topics below. The breakdown of your pager should be as follows:
1. Address the topic with an opening page (1 page)
2. Content -answer the questions (8 pages)
3. Summary (1 page).
Your paper should be 10 pages total not including the reference page. (double spaced)
Ø Include a reference page of no less than 8 references one of which must be your text. Make sure your references are documented MLA style. Consult the TCC library. There is a specific way to cite a web reference. Make sure you do it correctly. Citing just the website is not correct.
Ø Submit by the due date or before. No late papers accepted.
Ø Call or email me if you have any questions or concerns.
For whichever topic you choose include a two of the items below that relate to your topic.
o Evidence-based treatment practices.
o Addiction treatment outcomes.
o Addiction, psychiatry and the brain.
o Addictive substances such as prescription opioids and heroin.
o Substance abuse in youth/teens, older adults and other demographic groups such as health care or legal professionals.
Addiction to things (video games, shopping, gambling, eating etc)
· Identify the addiction.
· What are the signs of an addiction to anything?
· What are the statistics for this type of addiction? What age group or demographic is it prevalent in? Any culture?
· Are there support systems or resources for this type of addiction?
· Any personal experiences with this addiction either with yourself or someone you know?
· Are there any health benefits to alcohol consumption? If so what? Has this changed in the past year or so?
· Does the alcohol industry behave responsibly in marketing their products?
· What can we, as a society, do to reduce the problems associated with alcohol use?
· Does AA work? Why or why not? With the ACA laws now in place, what are alternatives?
War on Drugs
· Is the “war on drugs” succeeding? If so, in what ways?
· Are any of the current drug policies working? If so, in what ways?
· Should some or all illegal drugs be legalized? If so, which ones and why?
· Should marijuana be legalized for medicinal purposes, if not for recreational use?
· What would you do to improve the drug epidemic just in your community?
Tobacco and e-cigarettes
· Should consumers have to pay a higher insurance premium because they smoke or use tobacco products? What about e-cigarettes?
· What are health studies saying about the health impact of e-cigarettes vs tobacco cigarettes? Do we know enough about e-cigarettes to really understand the long term health effects? (CDC may be a place to start)
· Is there a connection between e-cigarettes and smoking? Meaning if a persons starts vaping are they more likely or less likely to take up cigarettes?
· What is the impact to children from e-cigarettes?
Submit your assignment here on the assignment tab. Do not email to me or you will lose 15pts right off the top. No late assignments accepted.
Start early because as you know by now life happens when you are doing other things!
Plagiarized papers will receive an automatic 0.
5 pts off for no reference page.
Your papers will be graded according to the following criteria:
· Requirements followed __
· Minimum 10 pages__
· Format followed __
· Submitted on time and in proper manner __
· Content __ (well organized, researched and thought out)
· Proper grammar and spelling __
· Proper MLA citation format utilized __
· No plagiarism __
· Text included as one of your references__
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.