· Analyze the influence of patient factors on pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes
· Analyze the impact of changes in pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes on patient drug therapies
· Evaluate drug therapy plans for cardiovascular disorders
Cardiovascular / Respiratory Systems
CASE STUDY Assignment
Patient HM has a history of atrial fibrillation and a transient ischemic attack (TIA). The patient has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and ischemic heart disease. Drugs currently prescribed include the following:
• Warfarin 5 mg daily MWF and 2.5 mg daily T, TH, Sat, Sun
• Aspirin 81 mg daily
• Metformin 1000 mg po bid
• Glyburide 10 mg bid
• Atenolol 100 mg po daily
• Motrin 200 mg 1–3 tablets every 6 hours as needed for pain
· Review the Resources for this module and consider the impact of potential pharmacotherapeutics for cardiovascular disorders introduced in the media piece.
· Review the case study assigned by your Instructor for this Assignment.
· Select one the following factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior factors.
· Reflect on how the factor you selected might influence the patient’s pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes.
· Consider how changes in the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes might impact the patient’s recommended drug therapy.
· Think about how you might improve the patient’s drug therapy plan based on the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic changes. Reflect on whether you would modify the current drug treatment or provide an alternative treatment option for the patient.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
· Explain how the factor you selected might influence the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes in the patient from the case study assigned above.
· Describe how changes in the processes might impact the patient’s recommended drug therapy. Be specific and provide examples.
· Explain how you might improve the patient’s drug therapy plan and explain why you would make these recommended improvements.
Resources for reference
Rosenthal, L. D., & Burchum, J. R. (2018). Lehne’s pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice providers. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
· Chapter 34, “Review of Hemodynamics” (pp. 335–340)
· Chapter 35, “Diuretics” (pp. 341–349)
· Chapter 36, “Drugs Acting on the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System” (pp. 351–362)
· Chapter 37, “Calcium Channel Blockers” (pp. 363–369)
· Chapter 38, “Vasodilators” (pp. 371–373)
· Chapter 39, “Drugs for Hypertension” (pp. 375–388)
· Chapter 40, “Drugs for Heart Failure” (pp. 389–402)
· Chapter 41, “Antidysrhythmic Drugs” (pp. 403–418)
· Chapter 42, “Prophylaxis of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease: Drugs That Help Normalize Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels” (pp. 419–439)
· Chapter 43, “Drugs for Angina Pectoris” (pp. 441–450)
· Chapter 44, “Anticoagulant and Antiplatelet Drugs” (pp. 451–472)
Include 3-4 references
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.