Implement a hexadecimal calculator for iOS. Requirements:
• The calculator should support 4 basic arithmetic operations: + – * and /
• The calculator will operate on hexadecimal numbers, not decimal numbers
• The calculator only needs to operate on unsigned integers (i.e. UInt). You do not need to consider negative numbers or fractions.
• The calculator should support the 16-digit hexadecimal numbers (i.e. The range of the numbers is from 0 to FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF). Prevent the user from entering a number that is greater than FFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF.
• The calculator should handle overflow and underflow gracefully. The app must not crash.
• The calculator should handle division-by-zero error gracefully. The app must not crash.
• The calculator should be able to support most of the devices and orientations. If it does not support the old devices earlier than iPhone 6, it is okay.
• To convert a string to a hex number, use “radix: 16” as an argument.
For example: var s:String?
s = “1A”
var intHex:UInt = 0
intHex = UInt(s!, radix: 16)!
// shows 26
intHex = 90
s = String(intHex, radix: 16).uppercased()
// shows 5A
• It is recommended that you use a UI label instead of a text field, so that the user will not type directly by using a keyboard. You will need to provide a button for each digit.
• Strings may be concatenated by using + operator.
E.g. var s1 = “1234” var s2 = “5”
print(s1 + s2)
// shows 12345
You may want to do string concatenation in the action of each digit button.
• To prevent the user from entering a number exceeding the size of 16 digits, you may verify the length of the string associated with the UI label.
• To handle overflow and underflow, use &+, &-, and &* instead of +, -, and *.
• To support different devices and orientations, use stack view, scroll view, or both.
• Design your algorithm first!
Think about the status of the calculator: when to take the first operand, when to take the second operand, when to append digits to the current number, and when to refresh the current number, etc. The functionality of your hex calculator worth 60% of the credit, while the appearance of the user interface worth 40%. When you submit the assignment, please compress the entire project folder into a single zip file, and upload it to D2L. In addition, please provide 4 to 5 screenshots of your app in different devices and orientations. If your app doesn’t work on every device/orientation, please specify why.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.