ECET345 Signals and Systems
Name of Student _____________________________________
1. Redraw the following schematics with the impedance of each of the element shown in Laplace domain. Then determine the overall impedance of the entire circuit between the two ends of the shown circuit and express it in Laplace domain as a ratio of two polynomials in s, with the coefficients of the highest power if s in the numerator and denominator are made unity. (Follow the method outlined in the lecture to determine the impedances of elements in Laplace domain and then use the formulas for combining impedances in series and parallel.)
2. (a) Apply Laplace transform to the following differential equation and express it as an algebraic equation in s.
(b) Given that all initial conditions are zero, (, solve for as a function of time by inverting x(s) using Laplace transform pair tables. Show the steps you took in finding the answer.
Hint: Make use of the following Laplace transform pairs in this and following problems.
(c) Now solve the differential equation using the “Dsolve” command of MATLAB as explained in the lecture for Week 2. Paste your MATLAB commands and answers obtained below and prove that the two answers (one obtained by inverting using Laplace tables in part (b) and the answer provided by MATLAB) agree by solving for value of x(t) at t = infinity and t = 0 seconds in both cases. This shows that the same expression can be represented in more than one form. Trigonometric identities can be used to show that the two expressions are the same, though you are not required to do that as part of the homework.
3. An RC circuit with an initial condition is shown below. The toggle switch is closed at t = 0. Assuming that a current i(t) flows clockwise in the circuit, Write the integral equation that governs the behavior of the circuit current and solve it for the current in the circuit i(t) and voltage across the capacitor as a function of time using Laplace transforms. Note the polarity of the initial condition as marked in the figure. (Take help from the document “Solving RC, RLC, and RL Circuits Using Laplace Transforms” (located in Doc Sharing) and the Week 2 Lecture to see how initial conditions are entered in Laplace domain.)
4. The voltage in a circuit, expressed in Laplace domain, is given by the questions below.
a. V(s) = Find v(t) by first performing a partial fraction expansion and then inverting back to time domain using Laplace tables.
b. Determine the numerical value of v(t) at t = 1 second.
c. The voltage in a circuit, expressed in Laplace domain, is given by
V(s) = . Find v(t) using Laplace tables.
d. Determine the numerical value of v(t) at t = 1 second.
5. An RLC circuit is shown below. There is an initial voltage of 5 V on the capacitor, with polarity as marked in the circuit. The switch is closed at t = 0 and a current i(t) is assumed to flow clockwise. Write the integral-differential equation of this circuit using Kirchoff’s method (sum of all voltages around a loop is zero). Apply Laplace transform as outlined in the lecture for Week 2 and in the document “Solving RC, RLC, and RL Circuits Using Laplace Transforms” (located in Doc Sharing) and write i(s) in Laplace transform notation. Express the denominator with the coefficient of the highest power of s unity. Then invert to obtain the current in time domain, i(t).
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.