Short Writing Assignment
Length: 3-5 pages (double spaced, 12-point font)
Please use Chicago or MLA.
Due Saturday April 11th at 10 am
1. Choose one of the following three quotes and explain, analyze, and evaluate, making use of the relevant readings related to gender, race, and violence (assigned for weeks 5 through 12). What did the speaker mean? Why might the statement have been shocking? How could he/she mean it? Is there a convincing logic to the statement?
a. Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme: “Every girl ought to have a daddy like Charlie. Should, deserves to have a daddy like Charlie.”
See Squeaky interviewed in Manson (1973) at 1:02:30: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQQyBIHfr8g
b. Leslie Van Houten: “But by no means, by no means were we ever prejudiced or disliked the black, you know. It’s not that way at all. If anything, it’s we have love for them, and we’re giving them their turn, which they deserve.”
See Leslie Van Houten Interviewed by her first lawyer, Marvin Part: https://www.cielodrive.com/updates/leslie-van-houten-interviewed-by-marvin-part/
c. Charles Manson: “But I know this: that in your hearts and your own souls, you are as much responsible for the Vietnam war as I am for killing these people.”
See Charles Manson trial testimony:
2. Commune, cult, commando, cell, cooperative, and/or circle: What was the Family, and why does it matter? This is an occasion to evaluate/complicate/deconstruct Bugliosi’s claims about the command hierarchy and Manson’s authority in the Family. Be sure to define your terms as well as analyze the way others have used these terms/related concepts in their analyses of the Manson Family. Use readings from weeks 5 – 12.
3. Religion was a key element of Manson’s “Helter Skelter” theory—at least according to Vincent Bugliosi. Evaluate/complicate/deconstruct Bugliosi’s claims on the basis of some of the relevant readings assigned during weeks 5 – 9. In other words, this is an occasion to make an argument about how religion should be/have been seen to have functioned in the Manson Family.
4. What questions and/or what revelations about the Manson case does this photo generate? Using this photograph as a starting point and making use of relevant readings assigned during weeks 5 – 12, analyze the Tate-LaBianca trial. You may choose to focus on a particular element, e.g. spectacle, theater, performance, media, politics, etc. (PHOTO ATTACHED ON BOTTOM)
5. What general assumptions about law and legality were drawn in/used to frame the Manson Family and the Manson Murders at the time of the initial trial and, in turn, how are those assumptions tested or troubled in their application to these specific crimes? Use readings from weeks 5 – 12.
I have included most of the readings from weeks 5-12 that you will need to include in the essay. There should be more than enough if you need more message me. Please site them and make great points while touching on the entire question. Thank you
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.