1) Find the Modified Internal Rate of Return (MIRR) for the following annual series of cash flows, given a discount rate of 10.50%: Year 0: -$75,000; Year 1: $15,000; Year 2: $16,000; Year 3: $17,000; Year 4: $17,500; and, Year 5: $18,000.
2) Pie, Inc. is considering an eight-year project that has an initial after-tax outlay or after-tax cost of $180,000. The future after-tax cash inflows from its project for years 1 through 8 are the same at $38,000. Pie uses the net present value method and has a discount rate of 11.50%. Calculate the Net Present Value of the project. Will Pie accept the project?
3) Consider the following four-year project. The initial outlay or cost is $180,000. The respective cash inflows for years 1, 2, 3 and 4 are: $100,000, $80,000, $80,000 and $20,000. What is the discounted payback period if the discount rate is 11%?
4) Bald Eagle Co. purchases an asset for $50,000. This asset qualifies as a five-year recovery asset under MACRS, with the fixed depreciation percentages as follows: year 1 = 20.00%; year 2 = 32.00%; year 3 = 19.20%; year 4 = 11.52%. Bald Eagle has a tax rate of 35%. If the asset is sold at the end of four years for $5,000, what is the after-tax cash flow from disposal?
5) KKOL, Inc. has just issued a 10-year $1,000.00 par value, 10% annual coupon bond for a net price of $964.00. The tax rate is 30%. What is the after-tax cost of debt financing? Use a financial calculator or Excel to determine your answer.
6) The following information comes from the Galaxy Way Construction balance sheet. The value of common stock is $10,000, retained earnings equals $7,000, total common equity equals $17,000, preferred stock has a value of $3,000, and long-term debt totals $15,000. If the cost of debt is 8.00%, preferred stock has a cost of 10.00%, common stock has a cost of 12.00%, and the firm has a corporate tax rate of 30%, calculate the firm’s WACC adjusted for taxes.
7) Use the dividend growth model to determine the required rate of return for equity. Your firm has just paid a dividend of $1.50 per share, has a recent price of $31.82 per share, and anticipates a growth rate in dividends of 4.00% per year for the foreseeable future.
8) The following market information was gathered for the Blender Corporation. The firm has 1,000 bonds outstanding, each selling for $1,100.00 with a required rate of return of 8.00%. Blenders has 5,000 shares of preferred stock outstanding, selling for $40.00 per share and 50,000 shares of common stock outstanding, selling for $18.00 per share. If the preferred stock has a required rate of return of 11.00% and the common stock requires a 14.00% return, and the firm has a corporate tax rate of 30%, then calculate the firm’s WACC adjusted for taxes.
9) T-short Unlimited, Inc., an on line retailer of t-shirts, orders 100,000 t-shirts per year from its manufacturer. T-short Unlimited plans on ordering t-shirts 12 times over the next year. T-short Unlimited receives the same number of t-shirts each time it orders. The carrying cost is $0.10 per shirt per year. The order cost is $500 per order. What is the annual ordering cost of the t-shirt inventory (rounded to the nearest dollar)? 32) ______
10) Canada Forest Mills Inc. has credit terms of 2/10 net 60. Customers should take the discount and pay in 10 days if they CANNOT earn more than ________ (APR) or ________ (EAR) on their investments.
11) Plum Electronics Inc. has a profitability ratio of 0.14, an asset turnover ratio of 1.7, a debt to equity ratio of 0.60 and a total asset to equity ratio of 1.60. What is the firm’s ROE?
Consider the information below from a firm’s balance sheet for 2011 and 2012. All the work has to be shown!
Current Assets 2012 2011 Change
Cash and Equivalents $1,561 $1,800 -$ 239
Short-Term Investments $1,052 $3,010 -$ 1,958
Accounts Receivable $3,616 $3,129 $ 487
Inventories $1,816 $1,543 $ 273
Other Current Assets $ 707 $ 601 $ 106
Total Current Assets $8,752 $10,083 -$1,331
Accounts Payable $5,173 $5,111 $ 62
Short-Term Debt $ 288 $ 277 $ 11
Other Current Liabilities $1,401 $1,098 $ 303
Total Current Liabilities $6,862 $6,486 $ 376
12) Assuming the Operating Cash Flows (OCF) are $7,155 and the Net Capital Spending (NCS) is $2,372, what is the Cash Flow from Assets?
Detail Required: HIGH; Urgency: HIGH
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.