1. A sample of 33 observations is selected from a normal population. The sample mean is 30, and the population standard deviation is 4. Conduct the following test of hypothesis using the 0.05 significance level.
2. At the time she was hired as a server at the Grumney Family Restaurant, Beth Brigden was told, “You can average $73 a day in tips.” Assume the population of daily tips is normally distributed with a standard deviation of $4.38. Over the first 35 days she was employed at the restaurant, the mean daily amount of her tips was $74.23. At the 0.01 significance level, can Ms. Brigden conclude that her daily tips average more than $73?
3. The Rocky Mountain district sales manager of Rath Publishing Inc., a college textbook publishing company, claims that the sales representatives make an average of 40 sales calls per week on professors. Several reps say that this estimate is too low. To investigate, a random sample of 38 sales representatives reveals that the mean number of calls made last week was 41. The standard deviation of the sample is 2.6 calls. Using the 0.025 significance level, can we conclude that the mean number of calls per salesperson per week is more than 40?
4. A United Nations report shows the mean family income for Mexican migrants to the United States is $26,700 per year. A FLOC (Farm Labor Organizing Committee) evaluation of 21 Mexican family units reveals a mean to be $28,450 with a sample standard deviation of $10,850. Does this information disagree with the United Nations report? Apply the 0.01 significance level
5. The following information is available.
H0 : μ ≥ 220
H1 : μ < 220
A sample of 64 observations is selected from a normal population. The sample mean is 215, and the population standard deviation is 15. Conduct the following test of hypothesis using the .025 significance level.
6. Given the following hypotheses:
H0 : μ ≤ 10
H1 : μ > 10
A random sample of 10 observations is selected from a normal population. The sample mean was 12 and the sample standard deviation 3. Using the .05 significance level
7. Given the following hypotheses:
H0 : μ = 400
H1 : μ ≠ 400
A random sample of 12 observations is selected from a normal population. The sample mean was 407 and the sample standard deviation 6. Using the .01 significance level:
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.