REMOTELY WORKING ASSIGNMENT 3: STANCE ESSAY A stance essay takes a position on a topic and argues and supports that position with evidence. Consider your topic:
• What possible positions/arguments are there?
• What position resonates with you? (Which position do you believe is correct?)
• What are your main points?
• What are the counterpoints? Are you ready to dispute them?
• Do you have enough evidence to effectively support your argument? For the stance essay, your personal voice (your perspective) should come through.
This is just like assignment 1, except you should maintain a formal tone. And just like assignment 2, you will need to support your points with credible sources. You’re ready to take a position on the topic you have been writing about and to be persuasive!
INSTRUCTIONS: Compose a three-four (3-4) page paper in which you do the following:
1. Use third person point of view (POV) and the appropriate voice and tone throughout your paper.
a. Did you use third person pronouns? (he, she, they, their)
b. Does your personality carry over in your writing?
Are your word choices personal and consistent?
c. Is the tone formal? Does it express your atitude about the topic?
2. Write an introduction paragraph, which includes your thesis statement.
It is suggested that this paragraph contain 5-7 sentences.
a. Does your introduction include solutions or approaches on the topic?
b. Does your thesis statement include three supporting reasons that clearly express your stance on the topic?
c. Is your thesis statement clear and concise? d. Does your introduction provide a preview of the rest of your essay? 3. Write a supporting/body paragraph for each of the three (3) points/reasons from your thesis statement. It is suggested that each paragraph contain at least 5-7 sentences.
a. Do your body paragraphs support each point of your thesis with relevant examples or statistics?
b. Do you address the opinions or concerns that your audience might have?
c. Did you paraphrase, quote, or summarize properly to avoid plagiarism?
Did you comment on each quotation?
4. Write with logic and with transitions throughout your paper.
a. Are your ideas consistent and well-organized, i.e., chronological order or order of importance?
b. Do your ideas flow from one sentence to the next and one paragraph to the next, in the order presented in your thesis statement?
5. Write a conclusion paragraph. It is suggested that this paragraph contain 5-7 sentences.
a. Did you paraphrase or restate the thesis in a new way?
b. Did you leave a lasting impression, so that your readers continue thinking about your topic after they have finished reading?
6. Apply proper grammar, mechanics, punctuation and APA formatting throughout your paper.
a. Did you check your grammar? i. The way words are put together to make units of meaning: Sentence structure, pronoun-agreement, etc. b. Did you check your essay for mechanics? i. All the “technical” stuff in writing: Spelling, capitalization, use of numbers and other symbols, etc.
b. Did you check the punctuation? i. The “symbols” used to help people read/process sentences the way you want them to be heard and understood: Periods, question marks, commas, colons, etc.
c. Did you format according to APA style? (See requirements below.) APA
FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS: Your assignment must follow these general APA formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. It should also have a running header, short title headers, numbered pages, indented paragraphs, and a References List with hanging indent(s).
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Note: The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length of three-four (3-4) pages.
• In-text citations follow APA style, using attributive tags and signal verbs.
• Did you cite at least four (4) sources (no more than two (2) of the provided sources in the webtext)? Are your sources credible? • Refer to the Soomo webtext or check with your professor for any additional instructions.
PART II -DISCUSSION
Voice, Tone, and Point of View
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.