pls read the below instructions directly from my professor about the speech requirements.
An Informative Speech increases awareness by introducing the latest information about a topic or body of related facts, or presents information promoting understanding of an idea, term, or concept.
You should use AT LEAST THREE supporting materials to make the speech clear and interesting to the audience. You need to use books, Internet, research, expert opinion, magazines, etc. Be sure that you DO NOT use yourself as a piece of support. Be sure that you do not give us an opinion speech with no sources. These speeches earn “D’s.” Be sure that you CLEARLY cite your sources, in your speech, as you use the information. This means that, during the speech, you
will orally cite at least three sources.
Choose a topic that is informative, socially significant, and intellectually challenging.
1. The topic should be informative and challenging to this audience. (Do not tell things that are common knowledge or that are trivial.) I would avoid topics like smoking, exercise, and diet. Those that smoke know they should not and overweight people know they should lose weight or exercise. Topics that deal with diseases, death, and dying
tend to depress the audience and may color their reaction to your speech. This is your chance to be creative, innovative and share knowledge about something you LOVE!
2. The speech should be four to five minutes in length. Be sure to practice your speech several times OUT LOUD to ensure that you are within the time limit. When speeches reach the five minute time limit, you will be asked to stop speaking, therefore may lose points for not being able to give an effective conclusion. The time limit will be
3. The steps of the introduction and the steps of the conclusion should be clearly identifiable. Remember that you MUST do something in the introduction to grab the attention of the audience and pull them into your speech. A strong introduction includes: (1) an attention getter (review your text for possible ideas), (2) a preview of your three main
points, (3) your personal credibility, (4) a connection with the audience, and (5) a clear statement of your thesis. A good attention getter does not include introducing yourself and stating your topic. Make the audience WANT to listen to the speech! A strong conclusion includes a brake light, a review of your three main points and a strong final thought about your subject. The conclusion should make the audience glad they listened to your speech and should leave them with something to think about. NEVER EVER end a speech with “That’s it” or “I guess I’m finished”.
4. There should be a definite, logical transition bridging each component of the speech. A transition can be as simple as saying, “This leads me to my first point” or “Now that I’ve told you ______, I’l l go on to my second point, which is _______”
5. Each main point should be clearly stated and developed.
6. You are to use at least three different sources for this speech, so you will have at least THREE ORALLY CITED SOURCES.
7. You are required to have a visual aid for this presentation and that visual aid must be Power Point. Do not use posters or visuals that are too small for the audience to see or comprehend. A visual aid should be an AID for your speech. In other words, it should contain material that will help the audience remember what you talked about. If you
would like to use Power Point for your speech, that will be fine. Check your Power Point presentation on a different computer to make sure it works!
8. Your presentation skills should include
–Natural and conversational delivery.
–Extemporaneous mode, with note cards (if you choose to use them)
–Effective vocal and physical delivery skills
–Effective use of visual aids
–Do NOT read your speech. This is a speech, not a report. You should practice out loud and feel comfortable enough to speak with minimumuse of notes. Eye contact is imperative for an effective speech.
SPEECH GRADE 100 points
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.